Veggie Burrito Bowl
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 ½ cups instant brown rice
- 1-14-15 oz. can of low sodium kidney beans or black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1-14-oz can of low sodium or no added salt whole kernel corn
- ½ of red onion diced
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- 1 English Cucumber (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 12-14 oz. dark leafy greens (baby spinach, baby kale, or spring mix)
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup salsa
- Begin preparing the instant brown rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, add to a very large bowl all of the remaining ingredients and then toss gently to mix all the ingredients.
- Evenly distribute the rice between 4 bowls. Top each bowl of rice with 1/4th of the bean mixture and serve.
- For a fresh, citrus flavor top, each bowl with a sprinkle of lime zest.
- Add a bit of variety by adding you favorite cooked lean meat and a sprinkle of cheese.
- This is a great way to use up extra produce. Have fun making your own combos!
- Double the batch and use the extra to carry for your office lunches for the next 2 days.