Pork Loin & Sauerkraut
- 4- 4 oz. boneless center-cut pork loin chops
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil; plus 1 tsp. for oiling the pan
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 15 oz. prepared sauerkraut
- 4 oz. dark dipping chocolate
- 12-16 oz. fresh strawberries
- 2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 12-14 oz. steamable bag of your favorite plain vegetable
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place dipping chocolate (broken into pieces) in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 30 seconds. Stir and cook in 10 second increments until melted. Dip washed and dried strawberries in the melted chocolate to coat and then place on a wax paper lined baking dish in a single layer. Place the strawberries in the freezer.
- Pound the 4- 4 oz. boneless center cut pork loin chops to ¼ inch thick by placing the chops in a single layer on a cutting board, covering with plastic wrap, and gently hitting them with a heavy sauce pan or a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle cornstarch on both sides of the chops. Gently pat and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Wisk together milk and egg in another bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil then coat with the additional 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Dip each chop into the egg mixture and then dredge both sides of the chops with the bread crumbs so they are coated completely. Pat gently to assure the crumbs stick.
- Place the chops on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook until golden brown and the center is no longer pink and the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F.
- While the chops are baking, microwave a 12-14 oz. steamable bag of your favorite plain vegetable, according to package directions.
- Serve each plate with 1 chop topped with 1/4th of the sauerkraut, alongside a ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce and 1/4th of the steamed vegetables. For dessert, serve the frozen, chocolate covered strawberries.